Monday, February 16, 2009

My Happy Valentine's



My sweetheart of a husband had to work on this Valentine's Day but he did nothing but pamper me while he was out. I awoke to a single rose with a card. The card was simply a novel filled with loving words and specific directions on how I was to spend my day without him. 
The first order was for me to relax and sleep... which we all know I adore. Then around two o'clock I was to start getting ready with full hair and make-up.  After that I was to drive to our local shopping mall where I was to proceed directly to White House Black Market.  

After my curious travels,  I was told to tell the sales person who I was and she was to have a package for me, which I was to try on and then pick out jewelry to go along with it.  I dashed to the dressing room and with my surprise Eric had picked out a beautiful dress for our Valentine's night. It is my little black dress that I didn't have. It fit like it was made for me and made me feel like I was  Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman!! (without the whole hooker thing, and as i think of it,that  would make Eric, Richard Gere...but definitely without the gerbil thing.)  I picked out some classy pearl earrings and a matching pearl necklace to complete my ensemble.

 After I was done being spoiled at the store, I was instructed to drive back home. As I walked through the door, Eric had the dining table set, with candles lit, with our wedding cd playing, and dinner made. The sweetest part of it all was he was standing at the front door dressed in shirt and tie and his hair all cute and groomed. I could tell that he was so nervous to see me. It was like he hadn't seen me for along time. He had a huge smile on his face and he told me that I looked so beautiful and he gave me a huge KISS!!! We had dinner which was delicious. And then he finished the night with a movie and a massage. What a thoughtful husband! 

8 comments:

Telina said...

Im glad I just got to see a pic of your dress! Eric...you did an amazing job. Two thumbs up.

The Kollman's said...

How romantic is he?!! That is so cute and such a good idea!

Cassie said...

Oh my heck!! So much for the traditional roses, for a Valentine's Day Gift. Kuddos to Eric! You guys are to cute!

Heidi Madsen said...

what a lucky girl you are! I'm sure you deserved it!

tanya said...

Good job Eric! You scored major points there! :) It's nice that he can think of things on his own huh! He's a keeper. We love you guys!

Ashly in CO said...

Awww!!! That is just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! You snagged a good one Abs!

Natalie E said...

Yes, I've read them all, and seen the movie a few times. I definately liked the books better but I still like the see the movie! You should definitely continue reading them! Oh, BTW, your husband is like one of those you read about in romance novels! Seriously sweet! Good for you!

Vernos said...

ok, first, what planet did you find this "man" on? Seriously! Can you have him teach/train my man? Or better yet, rent him out for events such as these:) HA! You're a lucky girl, Abby!!