Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Even on the radio the sound still rings "Perfection": 12-0

As if i needed to mention it again; I am a dyed-in-the-wool Utes fan. This week was one of the most stressful weeks of my life. With the Utes on the precipice of regular season perfection, Saturday couldn't come fast enough. Normally, i would have been at this game, dressed head to toe in crimson and shouting my bloody lungs out...but alas this year being in Pittsburgh, i was relegated to listening to the simulcast via the internet and KALL 700...For anyone who has never listened to a game on the radio, I have to admit...the game was more intense than ever. For some reason, when listening to the radio all the plays seem bigger and more suspenseful when you can't see it coming. I have been watching and analyzing football games since at least Madden 93 (SEGA!) and at some point you reach an understanding of the game where you can watch a play unfold and know what is going to happen prior to it actually coming to fruition. The radio, inherently, doesn't allow for this. Every play, whether it was third-and-1 or first-and-10, seemed like it had big play potential. Of course, against BYU's defense against every play does...I have officially recinded all of my previous comments about Brian Johnson, and the Ute offense. All year long, everyone has been asking, what is the Ute offense's identity is if anything this: a Winner. In every big time situation this year, when they needed a points, albeit a field goal or a touchdown, they have a 100% success rate. I believe that is not only an identity, but the true mark of a champion. Is there a better identity? I have recinded all comments about Brian Johnson, he is by far the one of the best QB's that has ever played at Utah. Either way it all spells 'perfection' and when you just make plays, 'magic happens'.


5 comments:

KaSeY said...

UTES!!!! wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! that is all i have to say about this :-)

tanya said...

I am so sad you were here with us, But a bitter sweet end to a great game. Maybe we'll see you guys at the bowl game????

Nick said...

I think Tanya meant weren't... Anyway, I still hate Ludwig.(unless he can win us a bowl game)

Ashly in CO said...

I was there rooting for both of us out-of-towners! Go Utes!

Kelly said...

I jealous of you guys if you get to go to the bowl game. That would be fun. Hope you had a great thanksgiving.